Estimated Arrival: Between Apr 02 and Apr 04. *ETA to USA Only
The Reading Game includes six beautifully illustrated storybooks, six decks of matching playing cards, and a Teacher and Parent's Guide.
Your child will be reading their first book in just one week!
The first book in The Reading Game learn-to-read series tells the story of a skunk without a stripe who is rejected by the other skunks but finds acceptance among some cats and becomes their defender. It’s told in rhyme, is beautifully illustrated, and is 32 pages long. It will be the first book the student reads, and there are five more to follow in this groundbreaking learn to read program.
Each of The Reading Game's six stories is told using just thirty new words. These are broken down into six sets of five words. The student learns to read each set of five words by playing a simple word matching game. Frequent exposure through play hardwires these words into long-term memory. Rote learning is transformed into a fast-paced game with a winner every few seconds.
- Your child can be reading in a week with The Reading Game.
- It starts with a simple fast action-memory card game that teaches five words at a time.
- Picture flashcards reinforce words learned through gameplay with simple phrases and introduce capitalization and punctuation.
- Each of the content rich stories is told using only the 30 words learned through game play.
- This staged learning format ensures success and no frustration - and builds confidence and enjoyment in reading!
- On completing the series, the student has a reading vocabulary of 180 words, many of them Dolch and High Frequency words and will have successfully read six storybooks all on their own.
Time: 10 minutes
How does it work?
Check out this video from the publisher to learn more: