Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 08 and Dec 10. *ETA to USA Only
Our “Resources Included" tags indicate supplemental Board Gaming with Education resources for your classroom or at-home learning with your purchase.
Peer-review your brainiac credentials with Nerd Words: Science, an uproarious word game. Divide a group of your friends, family, and rivals into two teams and decipher one-word clues to find the correct science term in a minute or less. Based on your confidence in the team`s guess, you can bet points. The sooner your team guesses correctly and the more points you wager, the greater your team`s haul. Incorrect answers cost your team what you staked. The highest scoring team proves their knowledge of biology, chemistry, physics, and earth science is truly encyclopedic!
See the Ideas for Using Nerd Words: Science in Class (PDF) below for more details about the number of players for your learning environment, length of time for various activities, and appropriate grade-level activities.
Players: 2 - 12
Time: 20 - 40 minutes
|Rodger recommends using Nerd Words: Science as a way to introduce, review, and reinforce science vocabulary. It comes with over 500 words in many science areas but allows one to also add your own. The game play is fun and engaging that will making learning new vocabulary a new experience for students.|
Browse-Before-You-Buy EduGamer Resources*!
Downloadable Resources Included after purchasing Nerd Words: Science!
- Nerd Words: Science - Game Setup & Game Play for Group/Stations (PowerPoint)
- Nerd Words: Science - Game Setup & Game Play for Whole Class Teacher-Led Activity (PowerPoint)
- Nerd Words Science - Teacher Guide: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Nerd Words: Science - Teacher Guide: Game Set Up & Gameplay for a Teacher-Led Whole Class Activity (PDF)
- Nerd Words: Science - Student Handout: How to Play Handout Teacher-Led Whole Class Activity (PDF)
- Nerd Words: Science - Student Handout: Game Set Up & Gameplay for Group/Stations (PDF)
- All of our games resources include our "Let the Dice Roll" Supplemental Questions Activity (PDF)
- Distance learning materials (PDF, Pear Deck Presentation, Google Slides Presentation)
- Lesson Plan Outline (PDF)
- Printable Custom Score Sheet for Nerd Words: Science
- At-Home Learning Guide (PDF)
- Some materials included in the classroom resources can also be used for at-home learning
*Resources available in other formats including Microsoft Word upon request.
BGE'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Watch a few EduGamers demo Nerd Words: Science for distance learning.