Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 08 and Dec 10. *ETA to USA Only
Our “Resources Included" tags indicate supplemental Board Gaming with Education resources for your classroom or at-home learning with your purchase.
Build your own ecological network in this biologically-derived card drafting game. Choose, pass, and arrange 11 different card types consisting of organisms ranging from bees to bears and environments like streams and meadows. Earn points by aligning animals with habitats where they most flourish. Biodiversity is rewarded while monocultures are penalized. Each time you play, you build a one-of-a-kind ecosystem, striving to balance the delicate connections between all living things.
|“The ecosphere of this whole game is simply brilliant!” -Sara Meadows, Tantrum House|
See the Ideas for Using Ecosystem in Class (PDF) below for more details about the number of players for your learning environment, length of time for various activities, and appropriate grade-level activities.
Players: 2 - 6
Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Rodger recommends using Ecosystem as a means of introducing ecology in biology or life science. It allows students to see how a basic ecosystem functions on a simple level along with letting them see some basic interactions such as food chains and food webs. Gameplay and rules are simple to get you off and running!
Browse-Before-You-Buy EduGamer Resources*!
Downloadable Resources Included after purchasing Ecosystem!Classroom Resources:
- Ecosystem - Teacher Guide: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Ecosystem - Student Handout: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Ecosystem - How-to-Play (PowerPoint)
- Ecosystem - Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Ecosystem - Vocabulary Matrix (PDF)
- All of our games resources include our "Let the Dice Roll" Supplemental Questions Activity (PDF)
- Ecosystem - At-Home Learning Guide (PDF)
- Some materials included in the classroom resources can also be used for at-home learning
*Resources available in other formats including Microsoft Word upon request.