Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 05 and Mar 07. *ETA to USA Only
In the wild, you must adapt to survive! Will you win by having your Bears Eat Fish? Or will someone change the Goal so that their Frogs and Insects can make Night Music? Play ecology themed Actions and Rules like Scavenger or Composting, but watch out for Creeper cards like Forest Fire, that can hurt everyone! Discover a little about how things go together, with Nature Fluxx - the nature game of ever-changing rules!
- Special “Eats” Goals help demonstrate food-web connections
- Nature Fluxx helps students develop & reinforce the understanding of the National Life Science Content Standards for both levels 5-8 and 9-12
See the Ideas for Using Nature Fluxx in Class (PDF) below for more details about the number of players for your learning environment, length of time for various activities, and appropriate grade-level activities.
Players: 2 - 6
Time: 10 - 40 minutes
Rodger recommends using Nature Fluxx to introduce students to ecology. It can give you an idea as to what students may already understand about the environment. The game plays quickly and will introduce them to ideas and vocabulary they will encounter during your study of ecology!
How to Play
It all begins with one basic rule: Draw one card, play one card. You start with a hand of three cards, add the card you drew to your hand, and then choose one card to play, following the directions written on your chosen card. As cards are drawn and played from the deck, the rules of the game change from how many cards are drawn, played, or even how many cards you can hold at the end of your turn.
Browse-Before-You-Buy EduGamer Resources*!
Downloadable Resources Included after purchasing Nature Fluxx!Classroom Resources:
- Nature Fluxx - Teacher and Student How to Play Handout: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx - Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx - Vocabulary Matrix (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx - Create Your Own Cards (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx - Comprehension Handout (PDF)
- All of our games resources include our "Let the Dice Roll" Supplemental Questions Activity (PDF)
- Nature Fluxx - At-Home Learning Guide (PDF)
- Some materials included in the classroom resources can also be used for at-home learning
*Resources available in other formats including Microsoft Word upon request.