Estimated Arrival: Between Nov 29 and Dec 01. *ETA to USA Only
If you've ever dreamt of being an astronaut, Astronomy Fluxx is for you! This version of Fluxx takes you to outer space, but this time it’s not sci-fi. Featuring stunning NASA photographs of planets and other astronomical objects, you'll have a blast while learning about space and humankind's space flight history in this latest installment in the educational Fluxx series.
- Learn about all the planets in our solar system, as well as many other formations in our home galaxy, the Milky Way.
- Gain knowledge of space milestones when the Quiz Me Action is played by correctly naming the year when various firsts took place.
See the Ideas for Using Astronomy Fluxx in Class (PDF) below for more details about the number of players for your learning environment, length of time for various activities, and appropriate grade-level activities.
Players: 2 - 6
Time: 5 - 30 minutes
How to Play
It all begins with one basic rule: Draw one card, play one card. You start with a hand of three cards, add the card you drew to your hand, and then choose one card to play, following the directions written on your chosen card. As cards are drawn and played from the deck, the rules of the game change from how many cards are drawn, played, or even how many cards you can hold at the end of your turn.
Downloadable Resources Included after purchasing Astronomy Fluxx!
- Astronomy Fluxx - Teacher and Student How to Play Handout: Game Set Up & Gameplay Groups/Stations Activity (PDF)
- Astronomy Fluxx - Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Astronomy Fluxx - Vocabulary Matrix (PDF)
- Astronomy Fluxx - Create Your Own Cards (PDF)
- Astronomy Fluxx - Comprehension Handout (PDF)
- All of our games resources include our "Let the Dice Roll" Supplemental Questions Activity (PDF)
- Astronomy Fluxx - At-Home Learning Guide (PDF)
- Some materials included in the classroom resources can also be used for at-home learning
*Resources available in other formats including Microsoft Word upon request.