BGE's Tabletop - Part-Time Position: Tabletop Games Advocate and Salesclerk
We are looking for one to two part-time Tabletop Games Advocate Salesclerks to work 8 - 16 hours a week. This is part-time position with potential to add more hours and fill a full-time position in the future-- pending business needs. Shifts will generally be on the nights and weekends.
We started as a podcast titled Board Gaming with Education in 2018. Since then, we have an established online presence in the tabletop gaming community and run an eCommerce store through our website bgetabletop.com. Over the past year, we have hosted several popup events in preparation for opening our tabletop gaming store– “BGE’s Tabletop”– in the West Hills area. We are currently looking to expand our operations in our brick-and-mortar store by offering additional programming and events in our store.
You can find more information about BGE's Tabletop at: https://www.bgetabletop.com
WHY WORK FOR US?
- We’re a new tabletop gaming community and eCommerce store in the Los Angeles area, and we have a passion for sharing the positive benefits of tabletop gaming.
- Consideration for a full-time and/or managerial position in the future as our operations continue to grow.
- We’re a game store! The owner, Dustin, believes in the power of play and having fun.
- Employee discounts on select items in our store.
TABLETOP GAMES ADVOCATE AND SALESCLERK – ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a tabletop advocate sales clerk to help with running our store in the West Hills area. You will be responsible for the following:
- Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including operating the point-of-sale (POS) station, inventory tracking system, and fulfilling online orders.
- Posting and maintaining our social media platforms.
- Handle cash and provide accurate change to guests.
- Create and be responsible for a welcoming environment for all guests and persons who interact with the store and BGE’s Tabletop brand-- both online and in person in the store.
- Be comfortable occasionally working and operating the store on your own.
- Be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with reasonable accommodation. Note: for part-time positions most shifts will be no longer than 4.5 hours.
- Perform light cleaning tasks and duties at the store-- including organizing shelves, display stands, and ensuring the store is operating with cleanliness.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to guests at all times. Responds to guest service calls immediately. Handles all guests issues in a courteous and helpful way.
- Deals with issues, challenges, and problems as they arise and follows steps needed to resolve any issue related to the guest experience.
- Help with maintaining and running various programs and events by orienting guests, providing a safe, welcoming, and fun atmosphere, and being knowledgable on game rules for the events.
- A general understanding of the tabletop gaming hobby or willingness to learn. Knowing at least one of our product lines is highly recommended.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Loves and understands the tabletop gaming hobby.
- Willing to show initiative in hosting and running events or programming related to BGE's Tabletop and tabletop gaming.
- Willingness to create, share, post, or develop our brand across social media.
- Has drive and an entrepreneurial mindset to show initiative and willingness to learn.
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
- Looking for an opportunity to grow with a new company.
- Willingness to learn about different aspects of the company and its operations.
- Shows initiative and creativity in problem solving and growing our community and store.
DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION
- Availability to work nights and weekends. There will be specific shifts that you will be required to be available.
- Wider availability during the holiday season.
- Work a total of 8 - 16 hours per week from. There may be potential to work additional hours based on business needs.
- Available for one 4-hour paid training shift.
- Pay is hourly at $16 an hour.
Please complete this Google Form (https://forms.gle/nErfhzgD2k2oL4Tz5) and if desired send a cover letter and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have applied with us in the past, please complete the Google Form to be considered for this new position.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Staats Education LLC/BGE’s Tabletop is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Staats Education LLC/BGE’s Tabletop is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.